- M.B.B.S From G.S.V.M. Medical College, Kanpur in November 1998
- M.S. (Ortho) From M.L.B. Medical College, Jhansi in October 2004(Gold Medalist)
- M.Ch. Orthopaedics from American Institute of Medicine, University of Victoria, Seychelles in December 2008
- worked in AIIMS, New Delhi as senior Resident(Orthopaedics) 2006 to 2009
- Worked in Regency Medical Centre, Dar-Es-Salaam, Tanzania as Orthopaedic Consultant- Specialist for Joint Replacement in 2010
- Worked in Fortis Escorts Hospital Consultant in Patient care and training in 2009 to 2011
- Worked in Khadija National Hospital, Darya Ganj, New Delhi as an Honorary Consultant (Orthopaedics) for Charitable clinic in 2009
- Worked for Primus Abuja Senior Consultant joint replacement in june 2011.
- Worked in Primus Super Speciality Hospital, New Delhi as a Senior Consultant joint replacement in 2011
First prize for the best poster presentation in 2004 at UPICON.
Certificate of recognition as the First Orthopaedic Surgeon to perform “Uncemented Hip Replacement” for the first time in the history of Tanzania.
- Johnson & Johnson Joint Replacement Fellowship from AIIMS.
- Arthroscopy and Sports Medicine Institute Fellowship in Arthroscopy at Mumbai.
- Bombay Hospital Fellowship in Orthopaedics
Membership of Professional Bodies–
- Life Member of Indian Orthopaedic Association
- Life Member of Indian Federation of Sports Medicine
Participation/presentation in various professional conferences / CMEs / workshop / symposia
- 3rd Annual Conference of the National Association of Interlocking Surgeons, (NAILSCON-2003), BHU, presented paper on “Complications of tibial interlocking nail”.
- 48th Annual Conference IOACON, 2003, Chennai, presented paper on “Use of cortico-cancellous bone blocks for segmental bone loss in forearm and metatarsals”.
- Presented a paper “Evaluation of role of stabilization of fibula in treatment of grossly communited compound fractures of both bones of leg” at UP OrthoCon 2004, February 2004, Kanpur.
- Presented a paper “Use of tricortical bone blocks in diaphyseal defects of forearm and metatarsal” at UP OrthoCon 2004, February 2004, Kanpur.
- First prize for the best poster presentation in 2004 at UPICON, February, 2005.
- Scientific paper presentation “Fibular osteo-synthesis in neglected fractures of neck femur- A modified technique” at XXIX Annual Conference, UP Chapter IOA, MLB Medical College, Jhansi, February 2005.
Workshops and symposia attended
- Attended workshop on Proximal Femoral Fixations, UP OrthoCon 2004, February 2004, Kanpur.
- Attended symposium on HIP ALL OPTIONS 2005, August 2005, Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi.
- Attended Workshop on “Spine Minimally Invasive and Motion Preservation Techniques”, at 51st Annual Conference of Indian Orthopaedic Association (IOACON 2006), November 2006, New Delhi.
- Attended Workshop on “AVN Hip and Surface Hip Replacement”, at 51st Annual Conference of Indian Orthopaedic Association (IOACON 2006), November 2006, New Delhi.
- Attended Workshop on “Hand Surgery”, at 51st Annual Conference of Indian Orthopaedic Association (IOACON 2006), November 2006, New Delhi.
- Attended “Advanced Symposium on Locking Compression Plate (LCP)” on July, 2007, New Delhi.
- Participated in Pre-Conference workshop on “Pelvic Fractures” held at Bengaluru, December 2008, IOACON, 2008.
- Participated in Pre-Conference workshop on “Total Knee Replacement” held at Bengaluru, December 2008, IOACON, 2008.
- Attended 53rd Annual Conference of Indian Orthopaedic Association, Palace Grounds, Bengaluru, December 2008.
- Attended “Dynamic External Fixator Course-2008” on April 2008, New Delhi.
- 3rd Annual Conference of the National Association of Interlocking Surgeons, (NAILSCON-2003)
- 48th Annual Conference of IOA (IOACON 2003), Chennai.
- Current Concepts in Arthroplasty, September 2003, AIIMS, New Delhi.
- UP OrthoCon 2004, February 2004, Kanpur
- “IOAICL 2008” on April 2008, Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi.
- XXIX Annual Conference, UP Chapter IOA, MLB Medical College, Jhansi, February 2005
- Participated in CME entitled “Ageing bone-Orthopaedic Challenges” at 53rd Annual Conference of Indian Orthopaedic Association, December 2008, Bengaluru.
- CME at The American Academy of Continuing Medical Education, 28th January 2009, Boolean Education Institute.
Membership of Editorial boards of indexed international journals/Review Committees at National bodies and Institutions:-
Member of organizing committee at IOACON 2006, New Delhi.
Service: [Contributions made towards the development of new unit/speciality/ laboratory/ facility/programs/therapeutic or diagnostic procedures developed or patents taken (enclosed evidence)]:
- I was actively involved in procurement, sterilization, processing and preservation and other activities of the Bone Bank at AIIMS, New Delhi.
- I have developed an innovative Orthopaedic Plate “Future Plate for Osteosynthesis” for periprosthetic fractures.
- I established the entire orthopaedics set-up including OT and trauma emergency at Dar-Es-Salaam, the capital of Tanzania, a developing African country.
- I performed first ever “Un-cemented Hip Replacement” in Tanzania.
- I have applied for three patents to “Controller of Patent and Design”, Government of India.
Contributions in Community & National Programme —
Participated in Bindapur Integrated Community Development project and regularly participated in health camp in slums and under-privileged areas on behalf of Khatija National Hospital, Darya Ganj, New Delhi.
Dr. Kaushal's Treatment
- pinless navigated knee replacement
- Computer assisted knee replacement
- Primary Knee replacement
- Revision Knee replacement
- Knee osteotomy
- Arthroscopic knee surgery
- Primary Hip Replacement
- Computer assisted Hip Replacement
- Revision Hip Replacement
- Shoulder Joint Replacement
- Reverse Shoulder Joint Replacement
- Elbow Joint Replacement
About Dr. Kaushal
(Senior Consultant joint, hip, shoulder Replacement and trauma, &
HOD Orthopaedics) New Delhi
Orthopaedic Consultant- Specialist for Joint Replacement(Regency Medical Centre, Dar-Es-Salaam, Tanzania)
Fellow Joint Replacement (AIIMS)
Fellow stemcell, Soft tissue and Bone Banking (AIIMS)
Patient care and training Consultant(Fortis Escorts Hospital)
Honorary Consultant (Orthopaedics)Charitable clinic (Khadija National Hospital, Darya Ganj, New Delhi)
Notable Milestones /achievements/recognitions:
• Highest number of Hip Surgery in Delhi for last 4 years.
• Highest number of Shoulder and Elbow replacement in Delhi for last 3 years.
• Member French and American Orthopaedics association and Arthroplasty association(ICJR).
• Performed First Uncemented Hip Replacement of Tanzania 2010.
• Performed youngest Hip Replacement of Nigeria 2011
• Oldest hip replacement surgery at age of 107 years in India nominated for Guinness Book of World Records.
• Ex-telemedicine Consultant under Indo-African telemedicine program of GOI.
• Two patents – Future Plate and MPFL. Three more are under process.
Experience of organizing and running one of the most successful bone banks in country(AIIMS)